You may have noticed that if a server 2003 crashes unexpectedly after the reboot there is a User Interface (UI) will show up to record the exact reason for the unexpected shut down.
In this article we discuss how to bypass this UI automatically; this might be needed for the users who need their servers to automatically login to the admin account to start a program.
To do so follow these steps:
- Click on start menu
- Click on Run
- Type: gpedit.msc and press Enter
- the Group Policy Object Editor will be opened.
- On the left pane find “Computer Configuration”
- Expand “Administrative Templates” by double clicking on that or pressing the + sign.
- Click on “System”
- On the right pane find “Display Shutdown Event Tracker”.
- Double click on “Display Shutdown Event Tracker” and in the Setting tab click on “Disabled”.
- Press “Ok”